Children in Worship
We value our intergenerational worship experience and feel blessed to have children in our midst. During this time while we are worshiping online, we encourage children’s involvement in being an important part of the service. We welcome children’s participation in different ways:
● Children are involved in ringing or chiming the hour at the start of worship, saying the Lord’s Prayer, or participating in a worship song, or other special activities (recorded and sent to be part of the service).
● We include a message specifically for children within the worship service and have children’s Sunday school online immediately following the worship service.
● Our children and youth director organizes hands-on activities that can be done at home during the week.
● Parents and family members encourage children’s participation in the worship service by watching the service together and modeling active participation.
● At different times of the year the church family has a special devotional resource, with readings and activities. These are specifically geared to include children.
We would love for you and your children, or young family members and friends to join us!
We also encourage children’s participation in worship through: ushering, helping to collect the offering, offering special music or talents, reading scripture, being an acolyte (lighting the candles), and chiming the hour at the beginning of worship. If your child is interested in participating in these ways, please see the pastor or the children’s director after worship.
We do have a nursery if you should need it. Our nursery is staffed with volunteers who are background checked and Safe Sanctuaries trained. You can feel comfortable knowing that your child is safe and sound. However, we enjoy having children in worship and would love for yours to join you in the Sanctuary.
Blessed with the children in our church.
The following resources are available to assist you and your children during the worship service: