Little Lambs Preschool
Little Lambs is our preschool ministry, offering a Christian faith-based program that serves children from 12 weeks through VPK (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program). Our preschool is open from 7:30 am until 5:30 pm Monday – Friday. LaKysha Perkins directs the preschool, and a team of loving, engaging teachers provide a caring environment for children that fosters learning and social connections.
Find out more information about Little Lambs and schedule a tour by calling the office during school hours at (850) 656-6651.
Little Lambs Philosophy
Little Lambs provides a caring, safe environment dedicated to the emotional, physical, social, spiritual, and cognitive needs of each individual child. Children explore real life experiences at their own developmental pace, in a loving Christian atmosphere. We welcome children from all backgrounds, faiths, and abilities. Little Lambs is proud to be a diverse, multicultural preschool.
Child Based Goals
● Provide children a Christian role-model and promote Christian education in the early school environment.
● Allow young children to learn through play, developing spiritually, physically, socially, intellectually, and creatively into a whole person of God.
● Accept children as individuals and nurture their individuality and creativity.
● Promote critical thinking, so that children can verify and validate information for themselves.
● Expose children to an array of experiences and increase their mastery of a variety of skills.
● Encourage children to be active and resourceful in discovering for themselves the world around them.
● Help children learn to trust in themselves and feel confident in their ability to make choices.
● Increase childrens’ capacity to confront new discoveries and integrate them into their world.
● Foster the ability of the children to be sensitive and supportive of one another’s feelings.
● Teach children to approach learning with confidence and joy and be willing to take risks.
● Nurture children’s capacity to make commitments and become involved.
● Help children learn self-control and accountability for their actions.
● Enhance the child’s mental processes by building confidence and self-esteem.